Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A taste for Onion...

The Archive Room was not my first choice while visiting the local bead shop out in Arvada, Colorado. I wished for UDI's but they were closed due to the holiday. So my mother and I set out to find a new place...or rather just walked across the street hoping we would be pleased. And...WE WERE!!! It was a dark, manly place but not so much where you felt like you were at a sports bar. They had archived newspapers from many memorable events over America's history nicely framed on the walls. The staff was warm and the menu was built around comfort. If you are a serious meat eater they have a handful of items that looked delicious. However, I almost ordered the Fish and Chips plate which looked delicious from the table next to mine but I asked her first what they specifically did to their French Onion soup (most places I have been to around town just don't know what to do with all those onions and disappointment sets in quickly). By the description the waitress gave me? I HAD to try it! And this...is what arrived at my table...
OH MY GOSH!!!???!!! Right??? What you see here is a full onion - with its insides out, lightly broiled and then soup added in the middle, bread and cheese broiled on top!! WOWZA!!! I think using the full onion was GENIUS and made so much SENSE!!! Never been to a restaurant that served it such way. AND it was DELICIOUS! The broth was nice and dark, great onion taste and naturally the cheese on top made the whole thing come together. I highly recommend The Archive Room's French Onion soup. It was a delight! I also had the house salad which was fresh and well proportioned. The ranch was homemade which is important to me. A bad ranch dressing can ruin any meal. Seriously. I will be back again. My mother had the burger which was also good - they used the perfect bun and the fries where yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment